Resources: free tips and useful links
Free Tip #1: Pitching your business
When presenting your business to investors or partners, make sure you're communicating as effectively as possible. Get my free tips for pitching your business.
Useful links for business owners
During the last few years, I've worked with several truly outstanding consultants and business professionals. I highly recommend the following firms:
- Human Resource Advisors, an HR and recruiting consultancy. HRA offers amazing assistance with all of the typical employee relations issues that every business owner facesas well as the really difficult grey areas that are also inevitable. Ask for Barbara Freet and you will not be disappointed.
- Alliance Counsel, a legal services firm that provides excellent general counsel, as well as specialized help for mergers and acquisitions. Attorneys Danny Krebs and Bridget Laurent are dedicated, experienced, and easy to collaborate with.
- Corum Group, a mergers and acquisition firm specializing in technology ventures. If you run a high-tech company, I cannot emphasize strongly enough the benefits of attending Corum's "Selling Up, Selling Out" seminar. Even if you have no immediate plans to sell, this event will teach you some invaluable ways to run your business better.
- Bernstein Crisis Management, a crisis response and training consultancy. Jonathan Bernstein offers several decades of experience handling difficult public relations situations. In addition to helping you respond to crises, he'll teach you how to prevent them in the first place.
- Lot71, an award-winning creative design firm run byfull disclosure!Michael Brown, my brother. Michael is a production designer and art director with 12 years of theatrical and commercial experience. Call him to discuss your next trade show or publicity event.